Thursday, July 06, 2006

Texas Times

We are home! Yay! It has been a wonderful whirlwind of weeks. We had all sorts of visitors - Ava was here, then the entire McKenny/Morris crew, as well as my dear friend Ryan Warren. Then the kids and I flew to San Antonio where I was the Minneapolis delegate for the Kappa Alpha Theta Grand Convention. It was "Theta-licious" and absolutely so much fun. I met some GREAT women and had an amazing time. Mom had traveled with me to keep an eye on the kids while I was at the convention. They had a lot of fun exploring San Antonio together - we stayed right on the RiverWalk which is just beautiful! We also all got to see the Alamo on my afternoon off and spend some time with a dear friend of mine, Kory Ellefsen (another marvelous Theta)! :)

Nick joined us in S.A. over the weekend and then his sister Madelyn and her boyfriend Joe drove over from Houston and we spent Sat. night and Sunday together! It was wonderful to see them and Kate and Liam loved them so much. Then Nick, Kate, Liam and I flew to Dallas Sunday night. We spent the 4th of July staying at Ava's great condo that she bought! Kate was in HEAVEN because not only was there a beautiful Coi Pond where she got to help feed the fish, but there was also a PUPPY! Actually a very large and very sweet Boxer named Diesel and he and Kate became fast friends. She is still talking about him! We had a great time at the Farmers Branch fireworks show with Ava and Nick's Granddaddy who drove over from Louisiana to see us! The kids loved the fireworks and Kate danced up a storm with other kids that were there while the band played prior to the fireworks display. On the 4th we visited with Nick's Mom at her lovely new condo. It is so cute and has a great patio and a very "English" common area where all the nice neighbors were having a BBQ and swimming. Kate got in the pool with Nick and our friends the Youngs who popped over for a bit. We also got to see our friends Josh and Stephanie Hall! Josh was in our wedding and we have not seen him in ages, though have kept in good touch over phone and email. They are the sweetest most loving couple and it was a joy to spend time with them. What a terrific trip! Though, admittedly, it is lovely to be home sweet home! The kids are glad to be back in their own beds I think! Liam had been getting up in the middle of the night while we were gone, but as soon as he was back in his own bed he slept through the night again. Kate, too! It was so nice to see so many friends and family! Wish it was easier than an airplane ride to get to them! :)

I could post all kinds of stereotypical stories about kids on airplanes and traveling with Kate's Dora the Explorer backpack etc., but I think instead I will just say that, honestly, it was a great trip overall and I will let the pictures do the talking as I post a whole bunch soon! I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday weekend!!!!

No comments: