Friday, May 16, 2008

Liam



I am insanely crazy about our son. He is the cutest guy in town. I will admit, he has me tightly wrapped around his sweet adorable perfect finger! :)  Here are some updates on the little big man.
-He is enormous. Tall and very active. He is in 3T clothes, having just turned two!  He still loves all things train, truck and car related. He loves to play outside and kick the soccer ball. He swings and climbs and slides and is very rough and tumble - regularly falling end over end or tripping and skidding along, only to hop right up and announce "I Ok, Mommy".


-He is so polite. He always remembers his "pleases", and especially his "thank yous".  If you sneezed he would say bless you and then ask if you are ok. If anyone were to burp, he would say "excuse me" for you. I love his manners. Love love love.


-His favorite food = popsicles. If you ask him what he wants for dinner he will say "Ummmmm, popsicle please. A (insert color) one."  Nice try, buddy.


-He is talking up a storm!  I cannot believe some of the things that come out of his mouth. He knows all his letters and their sounds and today, out of the blue, he counted to 13 in English and then counted to 7 in Spanish?!  He cracks me up. Here are some Liam verbal tales....


 - - - Yesterday he knocked over a part of a pile of magazines on accident. Once he saw the mess they made, he decided to gleefully finish the job by energetically sweeping the rest of the pile onto the floor. I reprimanded him with a stern "Liam!"...he looked at me, grinned, and in a sing-song voice repilied "Yep, that's meeeeee!"


------Also yesterday, I was getting Liam dressed for the lovely warm day.  I grabbed a shirt he had never worn before - a hand-me-down cute Hawaiian-style button down from my nephew.  Liam was violently opposed to getting dressed! He let me put his shorts on, but NOT the shirt. He was saying "NO! No shirt! That's MOMMY'S SHIRT! No FLOWERS! Mommy wears flowers! No Flowers on MY shirt!!!!!"  So Hawaiian shirts are apparently a fashion don't for Mr. Liam. Though I cannot think of the last time I wore a flowered shirt...


Here are some pics - and a melt-my-heart video moment that I captured while trying to get some video of Liam eating his favorite food. Such a sweet surprise!

1 comment:

Sif said...

I just want to eat him up! What a cutie!!