Sunday, May 25, 2008

Cucumber Sandwiches

One of the most wonderful things about my membership in Theta is the lifetime of terrific opportunities to meet all kinds of wonderful women! My move to Minnesota would not have been nearly as smooth without the Theta alums that I met here that helped me settle in. I have made Theta friends all over the world and it truly is one of the most rewarding experiences of my life. As with most thing in life, it is the little moments that tend to stand out, and add up to great value. It is like that with Theta. There have been some awesome "big" moments like Theta sisters in my wedding etc. But it is the small things like a meaningful card from a Theta sister unexpectedly in the mail, a great conversation, that are also so important. Yesterday I got to attend a lovely Theta Tea in a beautiful little town here in Minnesota called "Stillwater" that sits on the St. Croix river. We enjoyed the typical cucumber sandwiches, tea and scones - but the company was great. One of my best Theta friends was there with me, and we had the chance to sit with generations of Thetas and chat. It was a lovely time, on a lovely sunny day.

No comments: