Thursday, September 13, 2007

That's how it rolls....

Today was to be Kate's FIRST DAY OF SOCCER. She really was looking forward to it! She had the outfit, the energy and she has some pretty great soccer skills! She has been a little out of sorts today, and I thought it was maybe because she was so anxious for tonight. And she was! She got all dressed, posed for the obligatory pictures and then all of a sudden had a melt down of tears and sobbing?!!! As she wrapped her arms around my neck and I (very bewildered) asked her what was wrong, I felt HOT tears on an even MORE HOT cheek against my own face. Poor thing was burning up! So - with Kate having a Fever of 102, I made the executive decision to not have her run around in the damp 50 degree weather. Even if it IS her first day. She was furious. But after about 30 minutes, some peanut butter crackers and milk, and some snuggles on the couch - she knows she is the right place right now.

Regardless, here are her adorable ALMOST-first-day-of-soccer pictures. And YES I KNOW the shin guards are more like armour from a knight. It is the smallest they had! And she is supposed to have them. Plus they are pink! :P She needs bigger socks, though......

Enjoy!




No comments: