Friday, September 21, 2007

Soccer Blocker

A quick added note. Poor Kate had to miss soccer AGAIN tonight. This time because of Tornado Warnings. Not really weather for preschool soccer! :) She was so sad. She kept sayiing "is the Twister over now? Can I have soccer?". A Twister? I think someone has been watching a little too much "Wizard of Oz".

I had the news on during dinner because the weather was nasty and we were expecting the Tornado sirens any minute. I was trying to get Kate to eat brocolli with cheese sauce and I wanted her to finish her dinner before we all would have to head to the basement. I said "C'mon, Kate, eat your brocolli! The Tornado Siren is going to go off any minute and I need you to finish this!" Perhaps not my best approach. Kate's eyes got VERY wide and she exclaimed, "You mean if I DON'T eat my brocolli then a TORNADO will come in my HOUSE?"

As tempting as it was to say "yes, brocolli eating can prevent tornadic destruction so hop to it", I did the right thing and focused on nutrition of brocolli, and also at easing her mind about any inclement weather. Sigh.

And PS - no tornados in our part of town, though the weather was very VERY wild!!!!

No comments: