Thursday, August 10, 2006

Taking Requests

Kate has been obsessed with the concept of Birthdays ever since she attended the fabulous "Princess Party" last week! Accordingly, she has been asking a lot about her own birthday - when it is, who will be there, what presents she will have, what kind of cake she will have. She is really interested in the whole concept. I figure, to be perfectly honest, that I can leverage this over the next month or so when it comes to any behavior challenges! Kind of along the lines of Santa Claus, you know? ha ha

Anyway, so I asked Kate last night, as she was talking about Birthday parties - "And what would you like for your Birthday, Kate?" She thought about it for a second and looked up at me, counting off the items on her fingers as she spoke, "I would liiiiiiiike......a puppy and a vacuum cleaner."

Ok, then!!!!

I gave the standard 'mom' answer - you know, one of those phrases you swear you will never say as a mother but find yourself using almost automatically and without thought - "We'll see!" Though I think it safe to say there will be no canine purchases for quite a while.

No comments: