Thursday, August 17, 2006

I've Partied with the Hollywood Stars at Club LAX!!!!!

At least that is what my bank is saying! My debit card number was used to charge many, many drinks and tips to a hot nightclub in Los Angeles! Thank goodness I read "US Weekly" Magazine because I knew right away what the club was when I saw the charges on my account - even though I have not been to L.A. in five years! I have no clue how this happened since my card has never left my person. The Fraud department said it could have been a fluke - i.e. Someone's magnetic stripe was not working and when the server keyed in the numbers they did it wrong and it happened to be my numbers - OR someone got my debit numbers and wrote them down and they have a scam at the club with a buddy who works there who will allow them to just give them random numbers. It is essentially the same as credit card fraud except it is REAL CASH that has been taken from me. So frustrating. Needless to say, that card has been CLOSED.

What an odd thing to happen! Well, at least I can say that my debit card number, if not me in person, has been to a hot nightclub in L.A., frequented by the likes of Jessica Simpson, Justin Timberlake, Lindsay Lohan and the skeletal Nicole Ritchie! Ha ha

Wish me luck with getting all of this resolved and getting my money back! I hope it was just a fluke and some creep out there does not have my personal info - we will be on major credit report watch for a while here to make sure it is not true identity theft.

In the meantime, all is well. Nick is in Poland on business (and yes he really is in Poland and not the mystery club-goer in LA! Ha ha) and he gets back this weekend. He says that Krakow is absolutely beautiful. Right now he is somewhere in the Carpathian Mountains in Poland doing business and there is no email or easy phone access that does not cost a trillion dollars. I cannot wait to see him on Saturday and see pics and hear his tales of any non-business sightseeing he may have managed to squeeze in amongst a very packed business schedule.

Ok - have to run. Almost nap time here at the Harris household for the kiddos!

No comments: