Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Kites in the Desert


This June I flew to Tucson to participate as a delegate at Theta's Grand Convention. Every two years this convention is held and I am blessed to have been a part of it multiple times. It is always an inspiring, heartwarming, invigorating and wonderful experience. Spending time with 700 women who all work hard to promote the best in each other is one of the greatest joys I have. From college aged-women to women who have been Thetas for over 50 years, each person that I encountered was delightful, warm, and wonderful. I participated in legislation, met with the women that I advise and work with, led some meetings and presentations, and kicked up my heels on "Fun Night". As always, I walked away sad to leave so many great friends, but excited for the year to come and all the plans the organization has.


With the women from the chapter at the University of Missouri. They won the highest award that Theta has to offer - the Founders Award. I have the privilege of advising this chapter and was honored to witness their accomplishment.


With women who attended Butler and are members of Gamma chapter, too! Great ladies!



No comments: