Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Musings

 - It is terrific to be home from my lengthy travels to Georgia and Florida.  I love our little home and it is so nice to be back. I loved traveling, but I love coming home.

-  It stinks to be here without Nick. It stings a little bit extra because he is in the most romantic city in the world and I am not with him! :) He is in Paris for work right now. His hotel window literally looks upon the Eiffel Tower and the Arc de Triomphe. He just called me from a cafe where he is dining alone on a late LATE dinner, enjoying the French fare after a very long work day.  He is working is tush off, so it is not like I could hang out with him, but he did get there on Sunday so got to do a whirlwind tour of Paris on his one free day.  Wish I could share his small amount of downtime with him and chat over a glass of French wine in the Paris evening.

-  Liam is hilarious. Today while we were reading books together he started stroking my arm and said "Mommy, I love your sprinkles.  Will I have sprinkles?"  It took me a second to realize that he meant my FRECKLES.  That is by far the absolute cutest term I have ever heard for my freckles.  He then proceed to point out any freckles he has (only a few really) pointing to his arm saying "I have a sprinkle here!" Pointing to his foot and saying "And I have another sprinkle here. But Mommy has lots and lots of sprinkles!"  


No comments: