Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Bienvenido a Miami

We just got to spend some wonderful time together as a family in Miami! Nick, the kids and I visited my parents in Florida and stayed at their terrific home in downtown Miami. The children were absolute angels and we had the best time. One of my favorite memories is the first night in Miami....Nick and I had put the kids to bed in the same room and then Nick and I went to the living room to relax with my folks. After a few minutes, we heard giggles and whispers and chit chat coming from the bedroom. Kate and Liam were just having the best little secret time in there - trying not to get caught at being awake (and not succeeding) and giggling when they thought they were getting away with. It was hilarious and Nick and I really had to compose ourselves in order to even open the door and tell them to settle down. I so remember the times lying awake with my sister as a kid at my Grandma's - long past bedtime - whispering and giggling and plotting and planning. I hope the kids have the same wonderful memories. It certainly was a fantastic trip, with trips to the beach, the pool, going for Gelato and spending wonderful time with Nia and Gramps. Kate and Liam LOVED LOVED the beach, which was so sand-barred that it seemed as if the kids were walking on water for ages. Perfect for kids and so calm and lovely.





No comments: