Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Girl Power

After our family vacay, I attended my sorority convention as an Officer. The convention was in Miami and was incredible - - hundreds and hundreds of women meeting to help plan for the future of social, intellectual and moral development of women of all shapes and sizes, races and creeds. It was a fantastic event. I was honored to present on two topics - one on philanthropy and one Public Relations through Online Social Media. Both were well received and I am relieved that months of preparation by so many, on so many different topics, paid off. In addition we raised over $40,000 for the Foundation which does everything from grant scholarships and leadership opportunities to women to aiding them in times of crisis. My association with these women remains one of the finest and most rewarding experiences of my life. I am so proud to be a Theta! :)


This is a picture of me and our outgoing Grand Council President, Karen Ledbetter. She is such a lady. I adore her!



We are all Gamma graduates from Butler. Out chapter was founded in 1874! Isn't that incredible?!  


My dear friend, Kory, and I got to spend some time at the spa before convention began. Such a fun day with one of my most fun friends!



One of the chapters that I work with as their Public Relations District Director (University of Missouri) won the highest award for Public Relations out of all the chapters in existence. I am so proud of them for their achievement! Here I am with their chapter president and the lovely award.


No comments: