Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Recharged





I have the best hubby in the world. He stayed with the kiddos this past weekend while I flew to Chicago for some girl time with my best gal pals. My sorority sister is getting married so I met up with my group of girls (the seven of us that try to get together at least once annually to recharge and reconnect) to celebrate her wedding shower and bachelorette party. I also got to attend my cousin's wedding shower the same weekend and get to see my wonderful aunts, cousins and my amazing Grandma. It was an AWESOME weekend with lots of laughter and smiles. I love the women friendships that I have - they are a blessed gift and, while I miss them so much with all of us living here, there and everywhere, it is so great to visit with them. My cheeks always hurt from smiling and my abs get a laughter workout without fail.

So - from great walks through Chicago, a terrific dinner out, wedding shower luncheons and some seriously hysterical karaoke - I had a great weekend. The kids were great for Nick and he was an amazing super dad. yay! it was really nice to be able to be with the girls after all the crazy circumstances going on with Kate and the one-two-three-four-and-more punches that we have been trying to deflect! Kate is on the mend.....she has a low fever today, but is doing ok. Ever After Gowns is for the most part over for a few weeks. Nick has some great work stuff going on and Liam is a walking, babbling ball of adorable. Thank you, God for the family support and the friends that we have in life.

No comments: