Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Pouting

I don't like April. I just don't like it. I know there are some tragic things going on in the world right now that are heart-breaking and I should have some perspective. But I am tired and in my own little world I am sad. I just found out that our Best Friends here, the Dunns, are moving. To Connecticut. Boo hoo. I am so sad. We have spent many holidays together, camping trips, trips to the fair and endless play groups. We kept each other company when Erin and I were both on pregnancy bed rest at the same time and We took care of each other when our respective children were born and they have just been the best friends imaginable. Of course, our friendship won't wane, but oh my gosh I will miss them SO much. We all will. I have not figured out how/when to tell Kate that her best friend, Maggie, won't be around. Kate adores her and talks about her all the time. I KNOW it will all be fine and she won't be emotionally damaged or anything. God knows I went through this COUNTLESS times in my own youth. But I am just sad.

Also found out that my exceptionally amazing, worth-a-million babysitter, Lindsay got into the PhD program at the U of So Miss and will be leaving as well. In THREE WEEKS. AAAAARRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She literally is part of the family - so much so that every night when Kate says her prayers, she says "God Bwess, Windsay". WHY did I write her such an awesome letter of recommendation???!!!!! (She was my advisee at the U of M as well). tee hee

I thank God for bringing such wonderful people into our lives. But I am just really really sad. And the fact that my tooth/jaw is screaming with pain from my root canal does not help.

Yes. Feeling sorry for myself. :)

The offer for sharing an alcoholic beverage from my previous post still stands. Any takers?

No comments: