Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Kate the Scolder

This past weekend Nick and I were talking about how freezing it has been in Minnesota (see earlier entry of frozen clothing in our dryer for reference) and I made a remark about how I was "Freezing my butt off" (oh, if only!). Well, Kate overheard this and GASPED at me in total horror. She proceeded to admonish me in a very stern tone, "Mommy! DO NOT talk about people's BUTTS!!!!! That is PRIVATE!!! Do you hear me, Mom? BUTTS are PRIVATE!". She stood there staring me down with her hands on her hips as Nick and I used EVERY ounce of self control not to burst out laughing. Biting the insides of our cheeks we hung our heads (mainly to hide the wavering smirks) and mumbled that Kate was absolutely right and we do not talk about people's butts. Point taken.

No comments: