Monday, February 19, 2007

Balmy

So today we went to the zoo. Does that sound weird? The zoo in Minnesota in February? We have a great zoo here called Como Zoo that is FREE. And I just found out that it is open 365 days a year! Anyway, today it was positively sweltering at 35 degrees F!!! So after going slighty nuts after weeks of below-zero frigidness, the kids and I were ready to get OUT. So we joined my friend Paige and her kids for a day at the zoo. The kids just loved it and Kate and Paige's son, Luke, just hit it off and had so much fun. They were such little buddies. There is a new - indoor and very toasty steamy - tropical exhibit and the kids had so much fun exploring the plants and trees and snakes and sloths. It was great.

Anyway, here are some pics - AND I am debuting here Kate's first photo - as in the first one she took with a real camera! It is of me, so pardon the seeming self-promotion. I wish it were of Liam or a plant or something. But after she took it she asked if I would "post it on the bog" and how could I refuse?


Kate and Luke strolling at the zoo!




Group hug at the zoo! Huddling for warnth! :)




Mags and Liam - ready for an outing!




Mags and Kate - she was so excited for the zoo.




"Mommy" - Portrait by Kate Harris. Love the angled view - she is so artistic, no?

No comments: