Thursday, June 01, 2006

Heavy Metal

Liam is such a funny little guy. Maybe I have a future rock-n-roller on my hands, here. Whenever we are in the car and Liam starts to fuss, I have the magic solution. His "off button'. He loves hard rock! I just turn on the radio to the local rock station, 93X, and he INSTANTLY quiets down. Whether it is Metallica (his fave, I think) or Nirvana or Black Stone Cherry he is completely soothed. If I put it on the pop station he flips out even more. Not a fan of Ashlee Simpson and Ashley Parker Angel, apparently! :) He is ok with classical. Forget Country. The only sure thing is rock. Maybe it is because Nick and I attended a few concerts when Liam was still in utero?

Anyway, as a result, I have a newly discovered appreciation for heavy metal - both artistically and as a sanity saver! :) I had forgotten how good of a song "One' by Metallica was and how much I love old school NIrvana and Pearl Jam. And BOY does Liam love Soundgarden and STP. Takes me back. He is so funny! Thankfully, Kate does not mind it either. I think she would rather listen to Rob Zombie than Liam screaming. I wonder if electric guitar lessons and a laundry basket full of dark colored band t-shirts are somewhere in our future? :) tee hee

No comments: