Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Baby News and Big Girl Beds

I cannot believe how different this pregnancy is from having Kate! I just got back from my weekly OB appointment and at 35 weeks I am 2 ½ cm dilated and 75% effaced. Crazy! And that is with the anti-labor meds! So strange since I had no progress like this with Kate until I was actually in labor. Anyway, I go off the meds this week, so we shall see what happens!!!! Anyone who looks at me cannot believe that I technically have over a month left in the pregnancy as I am so large that there should probably be small moons orbiting my body. Planet Maggie!

In more fun and less “technical” news, Kate is the best girl ever! She is a big girl now, for all who care to hear her announce it! ☺ This weekend Kate made the transition to her BIG GIRL BED!!!! She is doing great! I am probably jinxing it by saying so, but she has slept through the night three nights in a row without getting out of bed or putting up a fight of any kind. We had one nap time that was an issue because she wanted to climb in and out, but only did it twice and then fell asleep. Nick’s and my new favorite sound is around 7am when we hear a small ‘thud’ as she plants her feet on the floor out of bed and then the ‘scamper pitter patter’ of her little feet as she runs out of her room on the floor above us. It is so sweet. She calls out for us and waits patiently at the top of the gated stairs for someone to get her. We usually have warning because when she wakes up, she first reads aloud to her “friends” for a few minutes and we can hear her tales over the baby monitor. Too sweet.

So now, thanks to the excellent help of Patrick and Tara, the kids’ rooms are all arranged. P & T came over this weekend and helped move and assemble furniture and bed rails and bedding etc. They helped put all the baby clothes for Liam away and both rooms are so precious I can hardly stand it. Kate loves what she is calling her big girl princess room and she also thinks that “Wiam’s woom is sooooooo cuuuuttte”. I will post pics soon!

No comments: