Monday, February 02, 2009

I need more Diet Coke, Stat!

I know, I know, I know!!!!!! I have been horrible about updating the blog! I cannot believe it has been since Christmas. That may be a record. I have been working on my Thesis, which has to do with the impact of social networking on leadership development in the millennial generation - so I think I was just "tech'd out". Also, I have had the good fortune to be traveling an awful lot these past 4 weeks, so when home I have just been enjoying time with the kids and playing catch up. Well, and working on Ever After Gowns, and my thesis, and other school work, and laundry (more on that later! Can you stand holding out for the sure-to-be-thrilling laundry news?!!!!!).

Before I post pics and tales, here are some tidbits from the kidlets:

Kate, on inauguration day, strolls into the family room at the lakehouse with hands on hips and a very know-it-all expression on her face. She demands "Mom. WHY is Barack Obama on EVERY single Television in the house?! What is up with that?!" (she really said that, no lie)

Me: "Well, because today he becomes the President of the United States and it is a very historical day and we are watching it."

Kate: "But IIIIIIII voted for John THE CAIN"

Me: "I know, sweetie, but Mr. Obama is our president now. No matter how anyone feels about the man, or who they voted for, the job that the president has to do deserves our respect." I have since had this same conversation with her all over the Twin Cities - at Target in the book section where there are children's books with Obama's face everywhere, when we drive down our street and she reads Obama yard signs everywhere (still), and, yes, last night during the Superbowl when she noted that the new Pepsi can commercial logos look exactly like the Obama campaign symbol. Smarty pants mcgee - you cannot get anything by this one. She has said she would like me to NOT buy the Obama drink. NO worries there, I'm a Diet Coke girl. I think she is just super ticked that the candidate she picked did not win. It is a competetive thing.

--------------------------------------------

Driving around town after dark with Kate in the car last night, we passed a house all aglow with Christmas lights. Still. This from Kate:

"Oh COME ON PEEOPPPLLLEEEEE. Christmas is OVER. Like SOOOO Over!!!!! Time to take down the lights, dontcha think?!!!!!"

----------------------------------------------

Liam is in copycat mode. Big time. He basically repeats anything that comes out of Kate's mouth.
K: Mom can I play the driving game on the wii?
L:....driving game on the wii?
K: Mom can I please have fruit snacks?
L:.....fruit snacks?
K: Mom Liam pushed me.
L: Kate pushed me.

-----------------------------------------------

The bunkroom at the lakehouse is operational. Liam is positively THRILLED to sleep in his new big boy "bump bed" as he calls it. I hope it has not been aptly dubbed by him, but the kids look awfully cute snuggled up and giggling in the dark in their "bump beds". Liam is such a big boy. Sweet and darling and he has me wrapped around his finger. I have to restrain myself sometimes, now that he is in a big boy bed at home as well, from just snuggling him to bits when I go and check on him at night. Such a sweet sound sleeper now that those pesky tonsils and adenoids are gone!

Well, big day ahead and lots to do - maybe even some more posts. Need to go grab a diet coke :)

No comments: