Thursday, February 26, 2009

Dyson Dude

This post has no point, really. Nothing about the kids. No updates on life. I just wanted to share, in case you were curious, that I am extremely irritated by the "Dyson Vacuum Guy". You know the one. The "inventor" who put so much passion and innovation into his vacuum cleaner design that he talks about it via minimalist and european-ish commercials. Now, I know the Dyson is a fantastic vacuum (it should be self-propelled and empty itself of dust, in my opinion, for how much it costs....which is why I don't own one myself) but you will note that the commercials are silent and minimalist, when in fact the Dyson sounds like a tornado. I don't care that it rotates on a ball and appears to glide on air. Additionally, the fact is, to me the man's voice ranks as one of the most irritating of all time. His "s" sound comes through the television like a knife to my ear. And his sing-song brit-ness, so appealing in so many other people, is terribly whiny. I think "annoying sounds" must = Dyson.

Have any of you ever used the "super efficient" dyson hand drying airblade machine is a public restroom? You need earplugs to use it. Jet engine force winds and noise levels in a tiled echo chamber do not make for a pleasant hand drying experience! Kate practically become apoplectic everytime we encounter one of those and holds her hands over her ears and yells "IT IS LOUD" - but louder than the actual jet engine so I will be sure to know that she thinks it is loud. Which makes for a really extra enjoyable public restroom experience for us, and for all the patrons gracing the faclities.

So. In short. I had five minutes on hand to kill and I decided to share my thoughts on the Dyson Dude with you. Enjoy. Back to what I should be working on instead....

1 comment:

Plante Consulting said...

Love you comment about the bathroom Dyson drier. It is SO loud. I do have to defend my Dyson 25, though. I love that vacuum! In a really odd, should not love a material thing kind of way. It is crazy. I am SO frugal (hence Frugal February) and researched for a year on the best vacuum for me. It turns out to be the Dyson 25. It killed me to spend the money, but I am so glad I did. It is not as loud as some of the other models.

Overall, I LOVE your comments about the commercial!