Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Gobble Gobble

Happy Thanksgiving to all! I am thankful for funny children. When I was putting Kate to bed tonight, this is the conversation that took place:

Kate: Good night, Mom! Tommorrow is Thanksgiving, right?

Maggie: Yup! Thanksgiving! We are going to celebrate with Nia and Gramps, won't that be great?!

Kate: It is the day when we eat Turkey That Used to be Alive, right? We eat dead cooked Turkey tomorrow, right?

Maggie: (pretty tongue tied and not knowing exactly what to say). Yes, we eat turkey and lots of other delicious things, too! Now off to bed!

I cannot believe she thinks of things like that!!!

Gobble gobble! For you meat-eaters, enjoy your dead cooked turkey! For my veggie friends - dig into that Tofurkey! At the rate that Kate is going, I may be calling you for T-giving veggie recipes before you know it!

No comments: