Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Texas Hugs

Nick is beaming with pride. I believe that visions of Friday night lights and two-a-day practices filled his head last night. You see, Liam has a new favorite game. Last night, as Liam was running around in his dinosaur jammies and Nick and I were sitting on the floor playing with the kids, I asked for a hug from Liam. He turned around and looked at me, a mischievous twinkle in his eye, and ran full steam toward me, tucked his head and shoulders down and plowed into me. I absorbed the impact with an "Oooof" and slight rock backward and Liam continued to drive forward, pushing his little feet in in in in in to the carpet, one after the other, pushing with his shoulders and shifting his weight until I was flat on my back - - both of us giggling the whole time. He positively pealed with laughter and delight and bounced right up squealing "again again again"! So we did it again. Nick declared "those aren't hugs, those are TEXAS hugs". And then Liam turned his football tackling attention to Nick. It was amazing how instinctively he drove right through the whole tackle. Great form for a 2-year-old, I tell ya ;). Look out Cowboys - here comes Liam Harris. Tee hee

No comments: