Friday, March 14, 2008

All is Well

Sorry for not posting for a while! It has been a VERY busy two weeks! My non-profit event occurs in about a month and I am in the absolute thick of planning and execution. Media coverage, logistical planning, sponsorship meetings and fundraising are all keeping me super busy. I love Ever After Gowns and get so much satisfaction out of the work I do - - and I am very fortunate to have a wonderfully supportive husband and a mom who helps out with the childcare during this busy crunch time. I cannot believe how much EAG has grown in the four years (4! where has the time gone!!!) since it's inception. We have gone from 300 dresses in my basement to going on 3000 dresses in a storage facility! From 40 guests the first year to hundreds and hundreds of guests. I am constantly grateful for, humbled, and amazed by the generous spirit of the people in this community as it is through their donations, time and understanding of our mission that we have been able to help so many great teen women! I feel so lucky! Fingers crossed for a terrific event this April!

On another note of being blessed and happy - the kids are fine. Kate has fully recovered from her noggin bump. It took about a week for her to return to normal but she is better than ever! Liam is wonderful as well. He is going through a major "mommy phase" right now and I LOVE IT. I get a lot of snuggles and smiles and stories all day long. This morning when I went into his room to get him out of bed he said "Goo Muhning, Mommy! I Yuh You!!!!!!!! (I love you!)" Followed by a smacking kiss. That is the part where my heart explodes out of my body with love and joy.

Nick is well. Busy with work with quite a lot of travel coming up. I am glad for him to get the chance to see some new places! And envious - but not really of the new places....just of the hotel. My idea of heaven now that I am a Mommy is (aside from solo trips to Target with a Starbucks in hand) a night BY MYSELF (yes that means without Nick! Sorry, love!) in a hotel room. I would take a long hot shower with no kids pounding on the door. I would order room service and sit in a fluffy robe and rent a total mushy chick flick that Nick would never want to watch (hence the no nick) with some gooey green face mask on and pedicure spacers in my toes. Finally I would hang the "do not distrub" door thingy on the door - sleep as LONG as I wanted and take as long as I wanted to get ready in the morning. Granted, Nick will be on a timeline so cannot linger and order movies etc., but still.......

More tales to come - and pics. The kiddos have been so fun lately. I am too pooped, though, and think I will actually try to get to bed early tonight! Happy Friday to all!

No comments: