Thursday, May 10, 2007

2 Legit 2 Quit

I don't feel comfortable "bragging on" my accomplishments too much. I love to give updates on my amazing children, and general overviews of what I am up to, but don't get too much into the nitty gritty of kudos for myself. I feel odd about it. BUT....I am really proud of some news coverage that "Ever After Gowns" has received lately. Our annual event was covered on Minnesota/National Public Radio during "All Things Considered" last week. The journalist did an exceptional job at conveying the message about what it is that we do - and how we differ from other similar organizations. I wanted to share it because I think MPR got the message better than just about any piece we have had so far. I think of how much this organization has accomplished in the past three years and I am speechless....the sheer NUMBER of volunteers - not to mention DONORS!!! - astounds me. The dedication and effort on the part of so many for the girls that we aid just fills my heart. How wonderful. Thanks to all of them - - and especially to my husband and family as they supported me in my efforts to make this a true blue company that actually seems to be working! :)

So - as HARD as it is. And it is HARD. A LOT of WORK that makes me think sometimes "what the heck am I DOING this for??!!!"....we are officially legit in my mind now and I can't just quit. Too legit to quit. Who knew MC Hammer was so wise?

Here is the link to the article. Click on the feature audio link to actually hear the broadcast....
http://minnesota.publicradio.org/display/web/2007/05/04/promdress/

Here is a link to Ever After Gowns and our press coverage which includes some newspaper and other radio stuff.....
http://www.everaftergowns.org/news/news.html

No comments: