Saturday, September 30, 2006

Kate Turns Three Today!

I cannot believe that our little girl is Three! On one hand, three years is such a short period of time.....and it has certainly flown. But at the same time we cannot imagine or barely even recall our life without Kate. Thank You, God, for this incredible person! She is so full of spunk and sass and sweetness. She is bright and funny and loving and so very imaginative (case in point, she told me today that she would only answer to the name "Ariel" because today she was a mermaid). She gives the best hugs in the world (complete with her saying "Squeeeeeeeze" while she hugs you tight). Her laugh is better than the best music and her cry breaks my heart but makes me smile at the same time because it is so dramatic with her completely downturned mouth and enormous crocodile tears. Nick and I are so so so proud of our daughter. I keep finding myself, as she grows, thinking "THIS is my favorite age. No, wait, now THIS is my favorite age. No, wait, now THIS....." Each day brings more laughs, as well as more challenges! She is not a pliant little girl - but her stubborness and determination I hope will serve her well and we just hope to help channel it! :) Who knows what life will bring us with this little girl - but we know that no matter what we love her and today we celebrate that AWESOME day when she greeted the world. She was born fast and Nick got to hold her right away for about 30 minutes. He just held her and rocked her and I think they stared at each other the whole time. Next thing you know, I am going to be making an entry on this blog and she will be 14. 16. 21......

Happy Birthday, Kate!

No comments: