Wednesday, December 19, 2007

I know, I know....

I have been missing in action. Here is the reason.....

It is because I have a new addiction - it is called "Rock Band", as in the game for Xbox. I am NOT a "gamer". But I AM a singer - and apparently I rock a pretty awesome fake video game guitar. I AM horrible at the Drums, I will admit. Nick says it is pretty hysterical since he attests that I have the best rhythm of anyone he knows, but drums slay me. Let's not talk about negative stuff though. Let us talk about how FUN this game is and, I will admit, how awesome I am at it! :) Now, for the Grammy acceptance speech as the lead singer - I owe everything to my band - my awesome drummer/bassist - and super husband - Nick. And my amazing brother and lead guitarist, Patrick. Together we perform as either SurveySays (say it two ways, it has double meaning) or The Big Dig (as in we are a band from Boston....in our imagination)!

Is it pathetic that I am having so much fun with a video game? I don't think I have played one since Super Mario Brothers in high school. It is so much fun and I never thought I could sing "Creep" by Radiohead so many times and love it still! Nick is even more hooked than I am. The other night we stayed up so late playing it with Patrick that we sounded like addicts when we finally shut down the game....."What were we thinking? We are so weak! Why did we keep going?"

So we are having fun rocking out while the kids dance around. My parents love being our audience and Dad even jumps in on the guitar now and then. It is hilarious. We laugh so much. I actually wonder how younger kids play this game - so many of the songs are so "classic" (read: old), I wonder if they even know them! Oh well. I am having fun living vicariously through a video game for an hour here or there. My real life still remains pretty darn great and exciting.....but I can still dream of being a superstar!

SUPERSTAH!!!!!!!

No comments: