Monday, October 15, 2007

Just Call her Jo March




Halloween is approaching! Kate is really excited about it this year. I think she has reached the age when all that stuff - Halloween, Santa, Tooth Fairy, etc. - is intriguing and wonderful. This year I asked Kate what she wanted to be instead of basically deciding for her! At first, she told me that she wanted to be "Azura" which is the pretty blue-garbed fairy from the movie "Fairytopia". That sounded fine to me! We actually already have a great pair of dress up fairy-wings, so we just needed to find something fairy-ish and blue for her to wear. Off to Target we traipsed.

While there, Kate saw a costume that she absolutely fell in love with. It was about the farthest thing from "Azura" that one could get. The package claimed it was a "Snow Princess" costume. Kate could not stop exclaiming over it. We talked it over, determining that she REALLY wanted to be a Snow Princess MUCH MORE than Azura. I had my doubts - especially since the snow princess costume essentially looks like she should perhaps be going Christmas Caroling in the year 1852 as opposed to being of royal birth in some snowy land. But she loved it. REALLY loved it. And Halloween is about dressing up the way you want, within reason of course, so Snow Princess Kate it is! Plus, it is a super-toasty costume, which comes in handy when trick-or-treating in Minne-snow-ta. It is so warm, she may not have to be one of the kids that wears their winter coat OVER their costume.

Kate tried the costume on when she got home to make sure that it fit properly. I learned my lesson last year with Liam when I waited to try it on until Halloween night and it would not zip up! :) Kate asked that I take pics, so here they are. She is hysterical. The little Louisa May Alcott. Give her a pair of ice skates and send her down the lane to the pond with young Lawrence! (Only a select few who really REALLY get me will understand that! :)

So, enjoy the pics. Can you even handle the posing action? :) Too Funny! I don't have any of Liam. Something to look forward to! :)

No comments: