Friday, January 05, 2007

Phrases

As is now the norm, my life is peppered with interesting phrases and comments from Kate that one does not usually hear in what would be considered "normal" conversation. Some examples:

Kate was washing her hands in my bathroom - I suppose I must have inadvertently left my toothpaste tube on the side of the sink because Kate walked out and calmly informed me in a very matter-of-fact tone, "Mommy, there was some toothpaste on the cap of your toothpaste tube, so I just taked it and licked it all off for you. So now your toothpaste is clean!". Um. Thanks?

Kate, after "over-wiping" during a potty trip causing TP to "shed" on her, yelling at the top of her lungs from the bathroom, "Mommy! Mommy! Come help me! I have a crummy bum! I don't know what to do! I have a crummy buuummmmmm!"

Kate, while sitting on my lap as we were reading books, turned around and pointed to my chest and said, "Mommy, what is that?" I said it was my chest and she rolled her eyes and said very emphatically, "Nooooo. What are THOOOOOSE?" I told her "oh, those are breasts". She immediately placed both hands on her own chest and informed me "And these are MY very SMAAAAAALL breasts". Sheesh.

But the best happened when I went to wake her up this morning. I was holding Liam and she asked me to hold her too, so I had both kids in arms and as we turned to leave the room, Kate asked me to stop so we could look in the mirror over her dresser which was framing the three of us. She wrapped her arms around my neck, pulling Liam in close on the other side, and looking in the mirror, smiled and said "Look, Mommy! We are a happy family! SMILE!"

And smile I did.

No comments: