Friday, December 08, 2006

Childhood Rite of Passage or Huge Salmonella Risk?

Today we made cookies. It is a brisk chilly day and it was so nice to smell them baking in the warm toasty house. Kate LOVES to bake and cook with me. She is a great helper. Here is a pic of her helping me out - by licking the batter. I really debated because isn't it basically just allowing her to consume raw eggs? Then I thought of how many times I ate cookie dough as a kid. It is a kid's obligation to do so! So I figured in moderation it would be ok. I hope.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh you sweet Harrises! I finally got caught up on your blogs -- and I laughed so hard I cried! Thank you for sharing your wonderful family with "their public!" I can't wait to see you all again. My goodness, Wiam is so big! And Kate is such a princess! Amazing, intelligent and beautiful! Much love from GiGi

Anonymous said...

Maggie, you really should write a book for parents! You have an incredibly interesting and creative family and you tell the story with sensitivity, humor and a very unique blend of being a mother while understanding the "insane" moments of parenting.

Many thanks,

Harold