Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Gobble-dy Good

Hello all! I hope everyone had a terrific Turkey Day. We spent a nice, relaxing weekend with family in Michigan. It was SO great to see and spend time with Erin, Nick, Jack, Mia and my Mom. My Dad and Pak were on an amazing scuba trip to Belize and they had a blast. They swam with sharks!

Some of you have inquired about the land of snot that we were living in as I previously blogged about. Well, it turned into an ear infection for Liam which made for an interesting 500+ mile drive - but I will spare the details and just glaze over it all by saying I became a contortionist (feeding a bottle to baby who is in the back seat while I am belted in the front), a clean-up crew (car-sick babies, anyone?), and a puppet master (impromptu puppet shows, lip-sync-style to the music of Coldplay, from over the seat of the car with baby toys and Kate's "My Little Pony" dolls make for great entertainment for a sad baby).

BUT, in all seriousness, every whimper on the road was worth the visit. Kate and Jack get along like twins and played until exhausted every day. Erin and Nick's place is awesome and seeing them and my Mom was great. Nick Morris and my Nick got to have a night out at the sports bar watching football, and Erin and I went for coffee and windowshopping one night. So great!

Following this blurb are some pics of the kids that I took at home today. Liam is pulling himself up to standing now and I snapped some shots of him standing in his playpen looking out the window at the xmas lights on the trees outside. He is growing up so fast! The other night he fell asleep on my lap and I looked down and I swear he had grown a foot in my arms - he looked like a little boy! Not a baby. And Kate is such a big girl! She is so tall and grown up looking!

I will leave you with a story about Kate's ongoing negotiations to obtain a puppy. So incredibly advanced in her negotiations is she! In addition to dramatically saying "God Bless Dutch" (Aunt Erin and Uncle Nick's dog) every night at bedtime prayers, she has even brought her preschool teacher into her pleadings for a dog! :) Last week was my turn to read a story to her class....I showed up early just as Kate's teacher was going around the circle asking each child what they were thankful for. It was fun to hear their responses - one was thankful for her mom and dad (awww), one for 'sparkle shirts' (cute), one for corn (um, ok!). When she got to Kate and asked "Kate, what are YOU thankful for?", Kate paused dramatically and looked out of the corner of her eye to make sure I was watching. She then said "I am thankful if I had a puppy". The teacher said "Kate is thankful for puppies". Not to be misunderstood, Kate loudly spoke up, "No, no, Mrs. Rodgers, I'm thankful IF I HAD a puppy!". Duly noted, dear Kate......but come Christmas morning there will be no barking, frolicking pup under the tree. The reasons are many, but on top of all of them, I do NOT want to be potty training a puppy in Minnesota in the frigid winter. :)

Anyway - after a long ramble of a post, here are some pics. Liam needs another haircut by the way - he is still insanely cute, but his hair is starting to do that creepy George McFly thing again. The front just grows like crazy! Maybe I should just let it grow and then he can have cool long 80's bangs like all the members of the Kobra Kai in the "Karate Kid".


Liam grinning and standing!


Liam smiling after gazing at the cool lights outside.


Liam intrigued.


In case you did not know, this is Kate and she wants a puppy!


YAY for Puppies! Let's jump for joy for puppies!!!!

No comments: