Monday, March 27, 2006

Maria, I just met a girl named Maria......

We have an incredibly adorable and precocious daughter! And did I mention imaginative? This weekend, Nick and I took the kids to run some errands. At one point, a passerby stopped and commented on how lovely Kate was. She asked Kate “are you the big sister?” Kate politely answered “Yes, maam, I am the big sister!” The woman said “What is your name?” and Kate, without hesitation and with full conviction stated “My name is Maria!” Well, I just looked at her, stunned, as the woman went on to say “Maria! My, what a beautiful name!” To which Kate replied “Yes, it is beautiful. My name is Maria!”

I could hardly stop laughing as I reminded her that her name was not, in fact, Maria but the very beautiful Kate. The woman, a total stranger, laughed right along with us.

But WHERE does Kate come up with this stuff? She is so darn funny! I mean, she is two years old!!!! And we don’t even know anyone named Maria, so who knows where she got it. All I can think is maybe we listen to too many musical soundtracks – maybe too much West Side Story!!

So – Liam and “Maria” are doing well and providing us with endless entertainment. Liam, by the way, is the best three week old baby ever…..last night he slept for over 5 hours straight! Ahhhh, blessed sleep! But who knows what he will do tonight! The boy is growing so fast – already almost 11 POUNDS!!!! – that he eats like crazy to keep up. He is too cute.

All is well here - loving life with these little peanuts. It is the "Maria Moments" that remind me that any sleep deprivation or toddler terror moments are well worth it.

No comments: