Tuesday, December 20, 2005

A quick baby update for those who are interested. We had some more excitement with the pregnancy where I actually took another trip to the hospital with Nick sweetly by my side. More and more contractions - which are not unusual at all since I have them every day now, except this time they were regular - about every 7 minutes. After about 3 hours of having regular contractions I called the doc and he had me come right in. I really had a feeling that everything was fine, but when there are more than 4 contractions an hour you are supposed to call the doc. I really waited a while because 1. I felt I was fine apart from the pain of contractions and 2. I WANTED things to be fine, but ultimately Nick and my Mom made me call. So I went in and, indeed, I was contracting away regularly so after some monitoring and tests they gave me Turbutiline with some Visterol (spelling?) to stop the contractions. Yuck - I did not like the Turb stuff but the Visterol supposedly tempers it. The Turbutiline made me very shaky - I looked as if I had sat out in the frigid weather we are having as I sat there and quivered. The magazine I was holding shook, the blankets shook. Whole lot of shakin' goin' on. They also did a fetal fibronectin test which came back negative - which is good! It means delivery was not imminent. So, after meds and some more observation, I was allowed to go home! And then they gave me a prescription for Nifedipine to stabilize me further so now I am on that around the clock. The baby is terrific - super active and a great heartrate and growth so I am not worried. I am still pretty restricted as far as activity goes, but at least I am home, so I am NOT complaining. Just trying to keep this baby cooking! This is such a different experience from being pregnant with Kate! But still a blessing! I am so excited to meet our little baby boy! But he just needs to stay in there for a while longer. Thanks to all for prayers, emails, phone calls, and even fun magazines mailed to us all the way from Great Britain for some great, new reading material! Lucky me!

No comments: